Young Adult Program
Providing the Skills for Living Successful Independent Lives
Crossroads Community’s Young Adult Program helps young adults from 16-25 years of age to acquire skills for a successful transition to independent living. We help build foundations in the following:
- Independent Living Skills
Activities May Include:
- Exploring job interests
- Preparation for working
- Cooking classes
- Education support
- Obtaining a driver’s license
- Learning about finances
- Healthcare education
- Practicing problem solving & decision making skills
- Practicing interpersonal & social skills
- Drug & alcohol abuse education
- Social media etiquette
- Recreational pursuits
- 16–25 years old with a behavioral health diagnosis and meeting Maryland’s Behavioral Health Administration’s medical necessary criteria.
- Active in behavioral health treatment.
- Referrals must be made by the treating mental health professional.
The Young Adult Program conducts activities at all three Crossroads locations as well as in community settings.