Youth Recovery Program
Promoting Resiliency & Recovery for a Child’s Success In Life
Crossroads’ Youth Program utilizes a wide range of strategies to promote healthy growth and development for children. We help keep families together and work with children to develop life skills. Our goal is to help children develop resiliency and the skills for success in life.
Services provided through our Psychiatric Rehabilitation Program for Youth include both individual mentoring and skill building groups which meet at our program locations after school and during school vacations.
In a supportive and safe environment, we focus on assisting with and strengthening:
- Emotional stability
- Support systems
- Coping and problem solving skills
- Positive Behaviors
Structured activities and groups promote individual success along with team cooperation and encourage emotional, developmental and physical growth. Therapeutic groups target specific needs of a group of youth.
Groups are focused on:
- Improving self-esteem
- Improving socialization skills
- Developing coping and problem solving skills
- Improving study habits and organizational skills
- Effective communication
- Health and wellness
- Recreational activities
- Individuals must have Medical Assistance and meet specific diagnostic criteria set by Maryland’s Behavioral Health Administration.
- Referrals must be made by the treating behavioral health professional.
- Referrals must be made by the treating mental health professional.
- All referrals should be sent to the Program Director at the Administrative Office in Queen Anne’s County.
Services are provided for individuals in Queen Anne’s, Kent, Talbot, Caroline & Dorchester Counties.
The Youth Services Program conducts activities at all three Crossroads locations as well as in home and community settings.